This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012


I haven't been taking many photos of Skippy this summer.  I don't know why - he's as cute as ever. And always very good company. Here are a few photos from the past month. A bit of salt water, a bit of fresh water. And lots of gardening.

skippy portugese water dog P1010022
skippy portugese water dog P1010017 skippy portugese water dog P1010014
skippy portugese water dog 116



Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's so beautiful!! That isn't Wingaersheek Beach in Gloucester, is it?

September 12, 2012 12:26 AM

Blogger Matron said...

I bet he swims like a fish! Happy Skippy!

September 13, 2012 8:27 AM

Blogger kathy said...

It's a big sandbar offshore near Cranes Beach, Ipswich. A super place for dogs to run!

September 13, 2012 11:11 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I open your RSS feed it puts up a whole lot of strange characters, is the deal on my end?

September 13, 2012 3:42 PM

Blogger kathy said...

I don't get that. Does anyone else?

September 13, 2012 4:34 PM

Anonymous Marian(LondonUK) said...

Great, I bet be exhausted himself paddling and swimming and needed his comfey bed on arriving home. What a wonderful member of the family.
Marian (LondonUK)

September 16, 2012 4:43 PM

Anonymous Arizona Pottery said...

what a cute dog. It reminds me of the one I had growing up. thanks for sharing your blog

September 17, 2012 2:18 PM

Blogger Anitra Chlebda said...

So Cute!

Garden Variety Keepsakes

September 17, 2012 5:08 PM

Anonymous Diane C said...

Love your shots of Skippy. I've got a Westie named Biskit that's featured in my blog.

September 18, 2012 8:01 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden