This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

first snow of the year

Aerial Jan 17, 2012 034

Finally. We got a couple inches of snow last night. Looks like it will melt in the next few days.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Yael said...

Our first snow was yesterday. More arrived today. By tomorrow it should be all slush. My boy kitty had never been in snow. It was fun to watch.

Yael

January 18, 2012 12:37 AM

 
Anonymous Roberta said...

New fallen snow, it's always so pretty.

January 18, 2012 9:58 AM

 
Blogger Green Zebra Market Garden said...

It has been such a strange winter. December was very mild...I just hope this doesn't mean that Mother Nature is going to cram the equivalent of the rest of winter into a shorter time period!

January 18, 2012 10:18 AM

 
Blogger biobabbler said...

hooray! =) We're expecting our first precip this week. It's been a very lonnnnnng November. =)

January 18, 2012 11:00 AM

 
Anonymous Marian(LondonUK) said...

Very pretty and not too much, thankfully. Hope the Gnome has a warm coat seeing as he is busy out there!
Marian(LondonUK)

January 19, 2012 4:18 AM

 
Blogger Vanessa said...

Even if it melts it still looks beautiful!

January 19, 2012 11:06 PM

 
Blogger Karen Anne said...

Three days of deep snow, then gone. And the plants seem to think it's spring...

January 29, 2012 10:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden