This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

winter solstice

Its all uphill from here on in!!! A little more light everyday - a little closer to spring planting season.

The winter solstice occurs Thursday at 12:30 a.m. EST (0530 GMT), which corresponds to 9:30 p.m. PST on Wednesday for observers further west. At the time, the sun will be passing over the over the Tropic of Capricorn.
from Space on MSNBC.com

2 Comments:

Blogger blueberry1946 said...

It's almost like I can see the extended daylight time daily by the time January comes around!

December 28, 2011 12:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I was going to say your counter on the side was off and set for December 20th but should of been set for December 22nd.

Can't wait for more sunshine and warmer temperatures.

December 28, 2011 5:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden