This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, December 08, 2011

sweet potato sprouts on the window sill

sprouts on the sill 079

My sweet potatoes I dug last fall finally sprouted this fall. As Donald recommended, I potted them up. They are on my kitchen window sill with cacti and a poinsettia.

sprouts on the sill 083 sprouts on the sill 085



Blogger said...

Very pretty! It's always nice when you finally see those sprouts pop up and realize that you did it!

December 08, 2011 10:32 PM

Anonymous Donald said...

My wife is proud of me that you mentioned my name. Thanks Kathy

December 09, 2011 2:07 AM

Anonymous Norma Chang said...

Glad to see sweet potato growing on your windowsill indoor. I am experimenting this year and recently potted the vine I was rooting. It is growing on my windowsill and so far looks healthy.

December 09, 2011 8:20 PM

Anonymous Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

Will you replant outside in the spring?

Also, I ate a fair amount of our sweet potato leaves this year. They were really tasty, a little peppery. The heart shapes look beautiful on a salad.

December 09, 2011 10:28 PM

Anonymous Growing broccoli said...

There is the winter squash variety which is grown in summer and can be stored right through winter, hence the name. The skin is thick and hard for winter squash.

January 21, 2012 1:38 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden