Wednesday, August 24, 2011

tomato spots

tomato fungi 001 tomato fungi  002

I have every type of spot on my tomatoes this year - except late blight, thank goodness. Big spots, small ones, orange and brown and black. The damage is pretty much limited to the fruits and is not on the leaves or stems of the plants.

Its been perfect weather for fungi this summer - hot and humid. But I think much of my problem is that I planted my tomato plants too dense and between tall popcorn and sunflowers that reduce airflow. Other gardeners in our community garden have nice tomatoes that they planted with lot of airflow. Next year I will do this too....

4 comments:

Roberta said...

Sometimes your photos don't show up :(

Marian(LondonUK) said...

Hi, our toms were poor also, lack of enough sun and warmth, sad as last year we had loads. No tomato pasta sauce this year! Well that is how it goes, plus a good thought provoker about what is happening with the weather etc!!
Marian (London UK)

dating said...

Really it is more informative and knowledgeable post sharing on the site because in the define the photo tomato spots so that can be know that how to spoil and disease tomato.

kumarihouseantiquescollectioncentre said...

when I have saw your blog I am really felt down with your blog. how you create this very beautifull blog? can you tell me please. thanks a lot with your nice dog and your entire families. thanks again

laxmi prasad shahi
hosue no.163,lakhalli
ward no.19,damai tole
kathmandu,Nepal.