This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

crimson fava beans

favas 028
favas 026 favas 025

Almost full size. I've picked a few already, but haven;t tried them yet.


Blogger meemsnyc said...

Wow, they are looking great!

June 22, 2010 11:47 PM

Blogger Dan said...

Looks good Kathy! I'm still waiting on mine, really should have planted sooner. Seen a recipe for a broad beans & fennel salad, hope I get to try it this year...

June 23, 2010 1:17 AM

Blogger ValHalla said...

Do you grow a fall crop as well? I also planted mine too late, or rather summer came early here! (midAtlantic) So, I got a handful of pods only. They were delicious though--I'll be trying in fall next time.

June 23, 2010 10:34 AM

Blogger kathy said...

I tried a fall crop once, but was so far off on the date that the plants were only half grown by frost. I think its harder to plan fall crops. Good luck. I'll probably keep trying. Once you get a date that works, you are probably all set.

June 23, 2010 10:31 PM

Blogger Matron said...

Those crimson broad beans taste just fine like many others. A bit small and not many in the pods which are small. But the wonderful flowers make up for that!

June 24, 2010 4:11 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden