This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

cabbage spots

savoy cabbage spots raddichio spots

Any ideas about whats causing these spots? I'm thinking it doesn't look like insects. Maybe sunburn, because we've gone so fast from cool and cloudy weather to hot sunny weather? Comments appreciated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

This is not a professional opinion, but my mustard and arugula also has spots similar to yours and they only showed up after a week of extremely hot weather and lots of sun. It could be sunburns, some small parts of theplants even look dry and crispy.

June 19, 2010 10:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be the White rust?

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/prm7733

June 21, 2010 10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden