Sunday, February 08, 2009

seed trade

seeds from Dan

I traded seeds with Dan (a blogger in Ontario) and it made my day to receive his envelope on Friday. I was interested to see how he'd package the seeds, as I've never done a seed trade by mail before. He put them in nice packets and just put the packets in a regular envelope. Tomorrow I'll send off the seeds I promised him (six Delicata squash and a few Purple Calabash tomato seeds). I just wanted to see how to do it before sending mine.

Dan included a extra packet labeled 'Surprise Seeds'. Of course I opened these right away to what they are. Looks pretty radish-like to me. Suppose they could be any brassica though. I'm REALLY excited to see what comes up!

Thanks Dan!
surprise seeds

6 comments:

Susie said...

I have never done a seed trade. Sounds like fun:-)

Dan said...

Glade they made it and so fast. I thought I would throw in a little surprise just for fun :-)

I use coin envelopes to keep some of my seeds in and they work well for mailing too. People also use those little plastic baggies or even just folded paper that is taped up.

Can't wait to see them grow in your garden!

Just Jenn said...

Oo! Fun! I think I would've reached for the surprise seeds first too.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Kathy Wow it must have been like Christmas. I great thing to do I think, I meen you rarely use all the seeds in a packet, especially the tomatoes.

Have a great week/ Tyra

ps My tomatoes just popped up this morning! Pure Joy!

Daphne Gould said...

Isn't it so much fun getting seeds from other bloggers? I love the different bags people use for trades. I always use little 2x3 zip top plastic bags. I have little premade labels then I fill in by hand what seed they are, where they came from and what year they were harvested or bought. I don't put any cultural info on them like Dan does, but that info is very nice too.

Anonymous said...

How cool are those little packets?! I found your blog about a year ago and I'm so inspired every time I "pop in". I am just getting started in gardening and am loving it. Thank you for sharing so much...and for that awesome planting calendar! SO helpful.