This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

happy valentines day to veggie gardeners!

Roses are red and so are tomatoes

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm growing a garden, to share with you...

Here's an article about healthy red foods: Roses Are Red, and So Are Lots of Foods Good for You and Your Valentine It has nutritional information about 'foods in the red zone'. Yippee for beets, red peppers, radish and raspberries!


Blogger Kateri said...

That is so pretty! I could look at it all day!

February 14, 2009 10:15 AM

Blogger Tatyana said...

It is just great! You made my day!

February 14, 2009 10:25 AM

OpenID livinginalocalzone said...

Absolutely lovely! Brought a huge smile to my face, and it makes me just want to dig right into all those goodies (watermelon, mmmm).... happy valentines day to you and Skippy as well :-)

February 14, 2009 10:54 AM

Blogger Susie said...

I love that!!! Happy Valentine's Day to you too.

February 14, 2009 12:28 PM

Blogger Salix said...

I'm speechless!
So "appetite awakening" (That's a direct translation of a Danish expression)!!! And I just received my first seeds of the year yesterday.

February 14, 2009 5:02 PM

Blogger Matron said...

That is a stunning display! I can't wait to grow my own really dark red tomatoes. All those pale, tasteless tomatoes in the shops at the moment are really depressing.

February 15, 2009 5:13 PM

Anonymous Michelle said...

What a sweet Valentine...makes me even mor excited for gardening season!

ps...sorry about the tomato. Why do we bother?

February 17, 2009 1:52 PM

Blogger Just Jenn said...

Oh delightful! Happy red plant day!

February 19, 2009 12:49 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden