This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

a first portie soon

Looks like the Obama's have decided on a shelter Portuguese water dog. Here's an article at Boston.com. What a great choice! Skippy is my favorite Portie and he would love the White House life, I'm sure.

first Portuguese water dog

8 Comments:

Blogger lkw said...

Whoo, hoo!

I'm excited for Skippy and his relatives. I read recently that Senator Kennedy put in a good word (based on his two), but I'm sure it was Skippy who was the most convincing.

Cheers,
Lisa

February 25, 2009 9:12 PM

 
Blogger JMS said...

I thought of Skippy when I saw the news! Wonderful! It'll be fun watching the First Dog in the coming years.

February 25, 2009 9:21 PM

 
Anonymous Dawn said...

I saw this news online this morning and immediately thought of you and Skippy! I'm very excited. Skippy will be more of a star then ever!

February 26, 2009 2:10 AM

 
Blogger Chorizo said...

Michelle mentions that the first girls want to call their new PWD Moose! Maybe they should call it Alce (Portuguese for Moose). PWD's rule, Chorizo
http://chorizo.blogspot.com/

February 26, 2009 7:45 AM

 
Anonymous phyllis said...

The thing I really love about Skippy is his expressive face. SUCH a punim!

February 26, 2009 9:34 AM

 
Blogger Jeanne said...

Hi I am starting a community garden this year.It will be the first time I ever vegtable gardened what should I do at this time? start seeds in the house? what should I plant first? which plants go with other plants? I live in eastern mass.

February 26, 2009 3:40 PM

 
Blogger Jeanne said...

also which tool should i get to start off?which company makes the best tools?

February 26, 2009 3:45 PM

 
Blogger Sandy said...

I thought of you guys when I heard the news ... skippy is the only PWD that I know of. He sure is cute. Lots of "personality". -Sandy

February 26, 2009 9:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden