This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Saturday, January 05, 2008


Don't you love garden catalog season. My favorite ones (Sand Hill and Johnny's) just arrived. They are in a stack next to my computer for quick access when I need a break from my work. I'm hoping to get my seed orders out soon.




Blogger Carol said...

Oh my, yes, I love garden seed catalog season! My order is going in soon, too.

Carol, May Dream Gardens

January 05, 2008 10:07 AM

Blogger Meg said...

I love it when people post about their seed catalogues because I find out about so many new ones. Sand Hill is going on my list!

January 05, 2008 11:01 AM

Blogger The Forge Village Farmer said...

I hadn't heard of Sand Hill, either. I need to check that one out!

January 06, 2008 3:25 PM

Blogger Kim said...

I love looking through my seed catalogue, circling all my favorites and dreaming of warmer days. I just spent the past half hour googling the seed catalogues you pictured, requesting they be sent to ME!

January 06, 2008 11:06 PM

Blogger Matron said...

I love it too! It was because I was reading my seed catalogues at work one year that a colleague told me I should start a veggie growing blog.. I told him it wouldn't work..

January 07, 2008 3:35 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden