This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Harvest day!

A big harvest today! It was such a beautiful warm and sunny day, I really enjoyed my few minutes of "work" in the garden. Lots of beans - both bush and pole beans. A few tomatoes, several hot peppers, a lot of cukes and several baby yellow summer squash. The best - three big eggplants. I've been looking forward to picking these. Tomorrow I'll make eggplant parmagiano.

topic: eggplant


Blogger Carol said...

I am impressed by your harvest in early October. My garden is just about done, and this weekend it will be ALL done.

October 05, 2006 5:25 AM

Blogger carletongardener said...

I'm enjoying the garden and am in denial about the season ending. (But I see you're in zone 5. I'm a full zone warmer in 6a.)

October 05, 2006 9:51 AM

Blogger Blackswamp_Girl said...

Those are pretty eggplants... what's the variety name? I grew the shorter, darker 'Ichiban' this year--they have a more rounded bottom, too. I would like to try different kinds next year, though, because they're so good roasted in olive oil and a little sea salt/cracked black pepper.

October 06, 2006 9:06 AM

Anonymous carletongardener said...

The variety is called "Classic".

November 09, 2006 10:08 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden