This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

June 27, 2006

Even with all my weather complaints, we have had beautiful weather the past two days. 80's and partly sunny. I was able to catch up with some gardening. Everything has now been fertilized (with GardenTone and I added a bit of super-phosphate to plants that should bloom or fruit and RoseTone on the roses). I cultivated, mulched (with Very Old Maine whatever-it-is) and supported the tomatoes, cukes, squash and basil. I had to replace a few basil plants that I lost to wet rot. I really like the velcro tomato ties - quick to apply and they look neat. I put in a few new annual flowers (I'll post photos soon). And since the vege 6-

packs are now on sale ($1.99!), I got a few of these (celery and jalepeno peppers). I sprayed my cuces and squash stems with Seven, since we have bad borer problems and I gave the roses a light coat of general purpose rose insectacide. I also moved the beets, which didn't do well, to make room for some bush beans and I planted some pole beans on the trellis next to the peas.

Solanum lycopersicum


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden