This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

June 11, 2006

Notice the shadows today? Its sunny!

aerial view


Blogger Goose said...

An absolutely beautiful garden. Please let me know if you know of any books for small-plot gardening. I have a yearly tomato patch but would like to expand. Thanks and I greatly enjoyed your blog and photos.

June 13, 2006 10:50 PM

Blogger carletongardener said...

Thank you. I'm sorry but I don't really read any gardening books. My Dad's a gardener and I just go by what he says and by trial and error ....

June 16, 2006 11:09 AM

Blogger carletongardener said...

I also like the Victory Garden series on PBS. They have a display garden at Lexington Gardens, in Lexington MA (a garden center store). And they have some great gardening and cook books. (The Victory Garden by Bob Thomson, The Victory Garden Companion, and The Victory Garden Cookbook by Marian Morash: type Victory Garden into My raised bed garden design is from their ideas.

June 20, 2006 8:07 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden