Monday, January 22, 2018

when to plant spring seeds

To time when I plant my seeds, I use an app that I’ve written. Skippy’s Vegetable planting calendar. We’ve been working on this for a few years and a new update is due out next month. This update makes the app retain settings and fills in some missing planting information and is free for any previously purchased apps.

I have about 100 vegetable varieties that I’ll plant this year. The app is a very simple way of planning when to plant vegetable seeds.

This year I entered info from all of my seeds package into an excel table. I entered time to harvest and planting date. I then sorted by planting date. This gives me a “calendar” for planting. But it doesn’t have any more information than my app except for corn where I want to plant two varieties and spread the planting dates to make sure they don’t cross-pollinate.

If you have suggestions for our app update, please leave a comment here and let me know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it...I was in town today and there were daffodils blooming in yards... I have never seen them this early...pacific northwest

kathy said...

The pacific northwest sounds like a great place to live!!!

Susan said...

Kathy - Is there also an Android version of the app?

kathy said...

Sorry, no android version now. We had one, but didn't have time to support it.