This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Skippy

I'm at an emergency pet hospital now, waiting for Skippy. He's not doing well. A mass in his abdomen has ruptured. The doctor says it's probably liver or spleen cancer, and there's a 50 50 chance that it's malignant. They're doing ultrasound now and will operate soon if it's in the spleen and hasn't already spread. :-( My poor buddy.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger mw said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I hope Skippy can pull through. I've been through a few dog medical emergencies and can empathise with the anxiety and sadness you're likely feeling in this situation. May all be well.

August 26, 2016 10:48 AM

 
Blogger Stephen said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope it turns out okay and Skippy is back to normal very soon.

August 26, 2016 10:50 AM

 
Blogger FairviewFarm said...

You and Skippy are in my thoughts and prayers that all turns out well.

August 26, 2016 10:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden