Sunday, November 29, 2015

the plastic is on my winter tunnel

IMG_4110 - double covered low hoops IMG_4111 - double covered low hoops

I put greenhouse plastic over my garden hoops today. The hoops have two layers now: fabric row cover close to the plants and the plastic outside. The weather is slowly cooling off. Looks like I'll be taking these covers off and on for the rest of the month. I'll take it off when the plants can catch rain and sun on warmer days. Our weather seems about 10 degrees F above normal this year.

4 comments:

Mike the Gardener said...

What do you plan on growing in there?

Jason said...

We're having much warmer weather here in the Northeast thus far this December...not too hopeful that will keep up ;). The winter tunnels look great!

Matt said...

I wonder what's inside but sure is happy with the cover you gave it. :)

kathy said...

It's full inside of greens. Spinach, several types of lettuce, arugula, kale, chard, collards, salad turnips, daikon and salad radish, cilantro, some frilly red mustard, escarole. I think that's everything. I took photos today and will post tomorrow. It looks good. Can't beat this weather for cool weather crops. I have broccoli, beets and kale outside with no protection doing great.

By the way, the things I have growing in my tunnel are everything from my winter calendar app. I was testing the planting dates. All pretty good. You can get a copy of the app $0.99 and try it for next year.

So far it seems to me that I'd like a couple tunnels!