today's garden work
I spent a few hours in my community garden plot this afternoon.
- Pick a few cupfuls of beautiful fall raspberries
- Pick at least a gallon of cherry tomatoes. I brought these to Hildy, who delivers donated garden harvests to a local shelter. My single cherry tomato plant (Jasper) is amazing! Its taken over the back corner of my garden and just won't quit.
- Dig one last potato bed for what I thought was the third time. I ended up with about 20 great big All Blue potatoes. Oops. I guess I hadn't dug this bed. That's why I tell myself to triple dig.
- Pull 4 celeriac and trim the hairy roots. Another 4 are still in the garden for next time I'm there.
- Dig the front corner of my sweet potato bed. I got a nice amount of orange and red tubers.