This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, May 03, 2012

missed potatoes

srping potatoes 005 While working plot today I found some potato sprouts in last years' potato bed. Beneath the sprouts, I dug up three spuds. They are so firm and fresh! I'm looking forward to bacon and new potatoes for breakfast.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

How delicious!!

May 03, 2012 10:13 PM

 
Blogger Stacy G. said...

Yum! What a lovely surprise.

May 04, 2012 12:23 AM

 
Anonymous Garden centre in Reading said...

Good to know about your blog i have read your ideas i am very inspired from your ideas.
Thanks for sharing with us..

May 04, 2012 1:55 AM

 
Blogger Pam said...

Nice. I'll bet they made a tasty breakfast.

After reading most of your posts, I was inspired to plant Irish potatoes AND sweet potatoes this year. Thanks!

May 04, 2012 12:46 PM

 
Blogger Mom's Just Wana Have Fun said...

Yummy! I really wish I had a garden again.

May 04, 2012 2:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those little surprises. Nick Altieri

May 04, 2012 8:00 PM

 
Anonymous Margaret said...

What a bonus.

May 05, 2012 8:02 PM

 
Anonymous Reylan | Federal Posters said...

I know some fine recipe to do with that potatoes.

May 16, 2012 4:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden