This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Friday, May 11, 2012

robin nest

robin nest, may 5,7,9,11 Today I realized there are 4 chicks in the robin nest outside my window. They are growing very fast. I will live stream video until they fledge: http://www.livestream.com/robininthegarden

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my 4! I thought there were 2 eggs. Lovely picture. Makes my heart beat fast.
P.S. Unrelated Kathy but I realized yesterday that something ate my bigger cabbage family plant leaves too so I think I will use covering too as I was wrong with my "big plants are safe" theory lol.
Hulya

May 11, 2012 12:57 PM

 
Blogger Jenny said...

Love that 4th pic - so adorable.

May 11, 2012 5:09 PM

 
Blogger Whitney Davis said...

I have loved seeing your updates about the nest, eggs and now babies! Thanks for sharing!!

May 12, 2012 5:19 PM

 
Blogger zippiknits said...

Great photos of the seedlings and robins. Hope you caught that critter eating our other seedlings or fenced it out.

May 13, 2012 1:46 PM

 
Anonymous Marian(LondonUK) said...

Ha Ha, wonderful. The birds are so busy, backwards and forwards with meals for their young. I marvel at their energy. How lucky we are to observe them, can't imagine a day without bird song.
Marian (LondonUK)

May 13, 2012 5:29 PM

 
Anonymous Lisa Van Til said...

Well done attracting such beneficial guests to your garden!

May 19, 2012 8:53 AM

 
Anonymous Sarah @ Green Global Travel said...

I love your picture sequence with the robin and the babies--what a great idea!

May 29, 2012 9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden