This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Sunday, May 06, 2012

photos of my plot

my plot 051
my plot 057potato bed 060
asparagus bed 058

This weekend, I planted bunch of seedlings. Broccoli, parsnips, carrots, beets, bok choy, radicchio, and onions. I see that several plants from last year reseeded: bachelor buttons, borage and dill. I also planted a bed of potatoes and expanded my asparagus bed.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jezibels ~ sproutbabysprout.blogspot.com said...

Lets talk Tomato cages, I see you are using these in your plot and a few colored ones at the backyard garden. I have never ever used tomato cages because I always hear how they tople over with the weight of the maters. I have always used stakes or fences to tie the vines onto. Which methods do you prefer? What are the different methods used at the community plot for tomatoes? I really dont want to have to buy a dozen cages.

May 06, 2012 10:04 PM

 
Blogger Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

I love how all your plots are sectioned off!!

May 06, 2012 10:10 PM

 
Blogger GirlRural.com said...

This looks great! So organized.

May 06, 2012 10:25 PM

 
Anonymous Storage Sheds said...

Wow! I love your garden. It is so organize. Best luck! I can't wait to see your plants grow.

May 07, 2012 12:00 PM

 
Blogger Raymond Beckham said...

Very well done!! Hey, just wanted to make you aware of my new site that was a long time in the coming, check it out i think it can be a good resource and solution to many people! http://pickmycrop.com http://www.facebook.com/PickMyCrop

May 08, 2012 3:02 AM

 
Anonymous Becca said...

i love all your pictures and how much room you have created for planting! i cant wait to slowly start utilizing our entire back yard. thank you for the visual inspiration! http://beccalearnstogarden.wordpress.com/

May 08, 2012 9:17 AM

 
Blogger Martin and Amy said...

I agree with the others. Your plot looks fantastic and yes it does look very organised!

You must be very pleased!

May 08, 2012 5:23 PM

 
Blogger Julia said...

Fabulous! Nothing more satisfying than a well-organised garden :0)

May 09, 2012 4:31 PM

 
Blogger chicago school said...

It's looks great agree with that Hardscape Contractor Holliston

May 11, 2012 1:56 AM

 
Blogger tridoc927 said...

I see your asparagus is coming up nicely. Of 24 crowns only about 6 sent up shoots and this is 2nd year I guess. Any ideas? Do I have to dig them out and start over or are they hopeless cause now?

May 12, 2012 5:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden