This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Monday, July 25, 2011

summer at the community garden

gardens 111
gardens 009
gardens 006

The gardens are so beautiful and full of produce. Skippy and I walked around the paths and I took photos. Here's a slideshow.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Julie said...

What a beautiful garden. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

July 25, 2011 11:31 AM

 
Blogger Sue said...

Beautiful. What a nice place to spend the day!

July 25, 2011 1:36 PM

 
Anonymous Alan Moore said...

So tranquil. Lovely pictures. I guess this is why gardeners garden!

July 25, 2011 3:11 PM

 
Blogger Sande said...

I love community gardens and the one you show looks wonderfully rustic. I wish I was there to see it 'live'. I'm participating in one here in SE Michigan for the first time this year and enjoying it. Ours is bordered on 2 sides by farm fields so it is sunny, peaceful, and breezy most of the time. And also has drip irrigation!

July 26, 2011 8:09 AM

 
Anonymous Randy J. Garden Arbors said...

I wish I could take that exact garden and drop it in my back yard. Looks great.

July 26, 2011 7:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden