This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

side yard aerial

120 - Copy

I planted the bed at the far left with 3 rows of peas a few days ago. I'm watching for sprouts. The cold frame is filling up fast and perennials in the bed next to it are sprouting.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger HAZEL said...

Wow! You have been busy...it will look very different in a month or so! Happy Spring!

April 16, 2011 8:21 PM

 
Blogger Dan said...

Looks like you are in the same position as I am. Lots growing under plastic and some ground left to clear. We need some warmth already!

April 16, 2011 9:38 PM

 
Anonymous Kate said...

What a beautiful neat and tidy patch -- I'm very impressed (and more than a little envious)!

April 17, 2011 7:24 AM

 
Anonymous mediaOrganic said...

We planted our peas back on March 12 (http://www.media-organic.com/peas-in-the-ground-today-2). Didn't see a sprout until first week of April. I guess the message here is that for anyone that waited until now to plant their peas, fear not, you're not far behind the rest of us.

April 17, 2011 8:58 AM

 
Blogger Patricia Tryon said...

I agree with Kate. I think the path is just beautiful.

April 18, 2011 1:18 PM

 
Anonymous George said...

I love your layout, you just gave me some ideas for my edible garden. Glad I have found your blog!

April 18, 2011 5:21 PM

 
Anonymous Janet B said...

Gorgeous Spinach!! I'm jealous

April 26, 2011 5:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden