This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Saturday, January 01, 2011

new martini glasses

These are our new martini glasses. Hand blown depression glass in two shades of green. The perfect accessory for planning a new garden. I'm working on a review of last year's garden. It requires a lot of reflection.

Cheers! And Happy New Year!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My martini glasses are Steuben, the tortoise pattern. Your glasses are attractive; where are they from?

January 01, 2011 9:43 PM

 
Anonymous manning.amym@gmail.com said...

I could see a "cucumber mojito" served up in those.

January 02, 2011 1:11 AM

 
Anonymous Mario Mirelez said...

There's nothing like a good martini to aid in a little reflection!

January 02, 2011 3:19 PM

 
Blogger Debbie said...

Beautiful glasses!

January 02, 2011 3:46 PM

 
Anonymous Marian(LondonUK) said...

Happy New Year! Lovely Glasses. Just got back from Naples, FL., where it was cold for a whole week of our 2 week break, had to wear gloves! They were reporting crop losses there from frost. You have given me much needed inspiration to sort out the seed boxes!!
Cheers!
Marian (London UK)

January 04, 2011 3:18 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

The glasses are from a little collector's (second-hand) shop down the road. I also bought a set of purple ones that will probably show up in a photo here some day.

January 06, 2011 9:15 PM

 
Anonymous Tiffany Jewelry said...

I am the first time on this site and am really enthusiastic about and so many good articles. I think it’s just very good.
Always yours

January 14, 2011 3:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get lost in these glasses! Love the colors.

January 17, 2011 1:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden