This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

plans

Tomorrow I am planning to start my planting. First I'll clean some old seed trays using a diluted bleach solution. Then select seeds - only a few pots so early for planting in my cold frame. A lettuce mix, celery, onions. Maybe herbs and flowers too. My shelves and lights are ready to go.

5 Comments:

Blogger meemsnyc said...

How exciting! I don't have grow lights or space so we're not starting ours until March.

January 22, 2011 11:28 PM

 
Blogger Vasi said...

Hi! You planted them in the house, but then, where transplanting them?

January 23, 2011 5:46 AM

 
OpenID marthagoudey said...

Thanks for the reviews. Fabulous. And amazing cost analysis. I have been pathetic at keeping track of costs etc. This year!

January 23, 2011 1:04 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Vasi, I will transplant my seedlings into my cold frame in about 2 months - mid March. It should be warm enough in there by then for lettuce, onions and other cold hardy vegetables. Then in April or May I will move them out into the open garden.

January 23, 2011 1:25 PM

 
Blogger jezibels said...

I started my seeds in the front window on a steel wire cart also. I do not use any lights, just sun, our house faces South-West.

January 23, 2011 8:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden