This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

beets

beets beets
beets
I have a few good sized beets now from a spring planting. Still a lot of small ones. The seeds were called Rainbow Beet Mix from The Cook's Garden. Its described as a mix of all of their beet varieties that will mature at different times over a long season.

An added comment on the weather: I thought this was fall. Its as hot as mid-summer today! Good thing I planted a lot of fall crops. If this keeps up, my garden will grow until Christmas! And my nice fall sweaters will stay in my closet.

beets (Beta vulgaris)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get Skippy? We're looking for a PWD puppy. Thanks.

October 16, 2007 1:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden