This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

just another pretty weed

fleabane in my garden daisy fleabane

A little daisy fleabane (Erigeron annuus) has volunteered in my garden between the broccolis and kale. Its a pretty wildflower that's native to our area.

wildflowers, weeds, invasives and natives



Blogger Carol said...

It's always nice to have a few 'flowers' mixed in with the vegetables. The fleabane is a nice one to have, if you are going to have a volunteer.

Carol at May Dreams Gardens

September 29, 2007 6:43 AM

Blogger aliceb said...

Once again, you turn something common into masterpiece. I love your photography...and yes all your food, cooked and uncooked makes my mouth water!

September 30, 2007 11:56 PM

Blogger carletongardener said...

This fleabane plant is getting enormous. I'm glad it volunteered as its one of my favorites. And there aren't many wildflowers left at this time of year.

October 10, 2007 12:14 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden