Thursday, February 08, 2007

new camera

Well, my old camera finally bit the dust. After 10,000 photos and 2 1/2 years, I dropped it (a Pentax Optio WP) yesterday (about the 5th time I've dropped it) and it seems like the shutter won't open. The camera store said $150 at minimum to fix it, so I bought a brand new camera! Very exciting. I got an Olympus Stylus 720 SW. Its shockproof (!) to 5 ft, waterproof to 10 ft, digital image stabilization, 7.1 Mp and a nice little body that fits in my pocket (or mitten). The battery is charging right now and I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow. If I can't dig in the garden, its nice to have fun with a brand new camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about getting a new camera - especially before spring - so I'm looking forward to what you have to say about this one.