Thursday, November 17, 2016

today's garden work

Charley really wanted to participate in all of my garden chores today. He made the work a bit of a challenge. He stole anything he could and then I had to chase him - he's fast! He walked all through the garden beds (my plan is to teach him next year to stay off.) And he put anything he could find into his mouth.

- Plant 6 packages of tulip bulbs around my patio, adding bulb booster to each hole.
- Cut back my long row of perennials to the ground and compost.
- Prune my red twig dogwood bushes.
- Plant a last few heads of garlic to fill out a bed I prepared earlier. (I now have about 90 heads of garlic planted - it's a staple in our cooking.)
- Remove the extra frames of honey I fed my bees to boost their winter storage.
- Continue with brush and small tree removal from the edges of the woods near my garden.(Amazing how fast things grow and steal the sunlight!) Stack it for burning in late winter when we can get a permit.

2 comments:

Shepherdess55 said...

I wonder how you got any gardening done with Charley's "help".

kathy said...

Me too....