This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

green tomatoes

Seems we might get a freeze or frost Sunday night. I picked 32 lbs of green tomatoes today!

green tomatoes IMG_4357

This caps off a pretty good harvest. I didn't weigh everything, but I bet I harvested 100-150 lbs of tomatoes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked ours at the weekend too. We haven't had a full frost yet, but they are starting to go brown with the moist cool evenings and mornings. Hope to make Green Tomato Mincemeat with them. Had some in a Pie at a friends house recently, it was really tasty so got her recipe. I plan to keep some and put in Mince Pies at Christmas and see what family and friends say when I tell them its Tomato.
Ha Ha!
Marian (LondonUK)

October 20, 2015 5:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden