This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015


I can't quite believe it. I collected honey from my own hives! It's a cool feeling. Yesterday I opened my white hive, ... (more)

honey IMG_3940



Blogger Mike the Gardener said...

That is so awesome! And I have to admit I am so jealous. We can't have hives where I am and it's something I always wanted to try.

September 18, 2015 10:47 AM

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kathy,

Wanted to ask - what %age of your household consumption does your garden fulfill? I've been reading your blog a while and though it's very comprehensive on how to grow, has some interesting recipes, I didn't quite see anything that estimates how much of this is going home, shared with family/friends, whether it's excess or inadequate - or maybe 'just right'... :)


September 21, 2015 10:42 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- Its wonderful that they are producing so much in their first season! Will you be leaving them some honey to survive over the winter?

September 23, 2015 7:41 PM

Anonymous Marian(LondonUK) said...

Hi Kathy, well that is marvellous news. Haven't been reading for a while as have been nursing my Mum, but hey I log in and see the lovely news re your bees. Well done and enjoy your garden honey!

September 28, 2015 12:16 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden