Wednesday, June 10, 2015

fall planting

Fall planting season has started and it's not even summer! I haven't done any fall planting yet, but I'm noticing on my FALL calendar app that it's time to plant collard greens. I'd like to give this a try this year. I might even try seeding a couple fall cabbages, even though it's a couple weeks late.

What worries me, though, is that I haven't gotten my popcorn in yet. My calendar is telling me I only have a couple weeks left to do this! A good job for tomorrow. (Today I have to deal with those bees.)

4 comments:

Dorcas Nduati said...

Yes. Lets plant cabbage.

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about fall seed starting last night. I've still got spring kale in the garden, but I'm thinking about planting some for the fall.

Have you ever dealt with voles? They're eating my sugar snap, snow pea, and green bean roots/vines!

Anonymous said...

It does seem too early to think about fall planting! I finally gave in and planted cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower last week - virtually all have germinated. It makes my husband so mad that I'm planting now for the fall - he thinks I'm wishing away the summer! But, it has to be done now. Last year I waited until June 24 to plant broccoli and, while I got mid-sized heads, I think I could have had a better crop if I had the planted just a little earlier. Growth slows down so dramatically as the days get shorter that they really do need just that extra bit of time. DebS.

Rebecca said...

good planning Kathy. try catch up with time, it shall be well. good luck