This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Monday, May 18, 2015

garden work

At my community plot:
Dug potato trenches and planted 2 lb Canela russets
Turned the winter rye cover under in three beds
Moved perennials so the big helianthis is now behind the daisy and echinacea
Transplanted leeks, shallots, bunching onions and lots of standard onions
Watered everything well (its a dust bowl here today! no rain in weeks)

garden plot

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mikes kochola said...

Wow great information on bee farming reminds me of my high school agriculture.

July 03, 2015 9:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden