This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

7 eggs from 4 hens?

I was amazed to find 7 eggs in my coop today. But I only have 4 hens!! Hmmm. At first I thought someone had added some. Not. Then maybe that 3 hens layed double. Not. I knew I had tended them yesterday. I remember feeding them a big serving of leftover rice and squash as well as chicken pellets. OK, after thinking rationally, I must have fed them but forgot to bring in eggs. It sure looked cool to see the big nestfull of eggs. Two pinks, one blue, four browns and 2 golf balls all in one nest. Omelet time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lowcarb team member said...

..... hope you enjoyed your omelette

All the best Jan

March 05, 2015 4:57 PM

 
Anonymous Marian (LondonUK) said...

Wow, that was an eggxciting find! Sorry couldn't resist it. Hope you enjoyed them.

Marian (LondonUK)

March 06, 2015 4:41 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

chuckle... hi Marian!

March 06, 2015 1:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden