This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Monday, June 16, 2014

bumper crop of bok choy

excess bok choy I harvested 16 heads of nice big bok choy today. Much more than I could eat, thought I do love bok choy. I washed it all, boxed it up and donated it to a local shelter for battered women. They were thrilled to get it. They varieties are both from seed from Johnny's. Win-win choy and Mei-qin.

win win choi Copy of IMG_8505

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger David Velten said...

Win-Win choi is great, I grow it every year. Nice of you to donate the surplus, I'm sure it was greatly appreciated.

July 12, 2014 9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden