This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Monday, July 11, 2011

cheers to the first cuke of the season!!!

summer garden 124

A pretty little North Carolina Pickling cucumber is my first this year. As usual.... And what to do to celebrate the first cucumber? A martini of course.

(my nails look like I've been digging potatoes! yes.)

summer garden 107 summer garden 110

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ben Czajkowski said...

Shaken or stirred?

July 17, 2011 10:34 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

OK, so a friend of mine (who is a prof at MIT and a studied mixologist - I believe him) says martinis and other clear drinks should be stirred NOT shaken as Bond preferred. He stirs 30 times (very patient). Says this keeps it clear, I think maybe he had other reasons too, but I focus more on what to put in it.

I sometimes stir, sometimes shake. The shaking has a nice sound. Stirring is easier.

This one was stirred. About 10 times. With the cuke on the green mermaid pick.

Cheers!

July 17, 2011 11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden