This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Skippy's shady spot

crate 012
crate 011
crate 009 crate 010

My husband made Skippy a shady spot to hang out in. I call it his "crate". He loves it. Its the only spot in my garden where he is allowed to dig. He digs out a nice cool hollow in the damp earth and lies down in the shade on a hot sunny day. And I can sit next to him and use the top as a table. Not too bad.....

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Alexis E. said...

That's a cute, simple idea! Sounds like he acts like my chickens. They go under out deck and dig out a cool spot.

June 18, 2011 10:19 AM

 
Blogger Tina said...

I first thought it was a table *lol* Great place for doggies! Haven't been here in quite awhile, need to browse a bit back!

June 18, 2011 11:50 AM

 
Blogger SouthCoast Guy said...

smart dog!

June 18, 2011 4:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden