This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

google earth image of the belmont community gardens

Microsoft PowerPoint - Presentation3

Isn't Google Earth amazing! It looks like this image is from mid-July of last year. I can see my squash plants are still looking like well-behaved separate hills. By August they were a tangled mess and spilling into adjacent beds. You can see the 16 new plots we added at the upper right.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger MUDNYC said...

This pic just makes me smile.

May 22, 2011 8:00 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

Can't you just imagine all the happy gardeners down there!!!

May 22, 2011 8:04 PM

 
Blogger Kay said...

That photo is so amazing... wow! MUDNYC, I'm smiling too!

May 22, 2011 8:33 PM

 
Blogger Lynda said...

Your Community Garden is HUGE! I'd need a map and GPS! Just wonderful!

May 22, 2011 8:59 PM

 
Blogger Katrina said...

Love it!

May 22, 2011 11:01 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I sure hope it is not a repeat of the 'season of blight'. That would be bad for all. I have a big bottle of Serenade tucked away in the shed just in case, but I hope I never need to use it.

May 23, 2011 3:39 PM

 
Anonymous janet's house said...

I love this! I can't wait to check out my own yard.

May 24, 2011 3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I love it. I never had any idea it was this large. It would be so fun to garden with others as part of community. I just toil away on my own in the backyard.

May 25, 2011 3:32 PM

 
Blogger Compost said...

That's an amazing image - such good things going on there!

Make Compost

May 28, 2011 10:31 PM

 
Blogger . . . Lisa and Robb . . . said...

I love this technology! Its like flying over fields in Europe.

May 31, 2011 8:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden