Friday, January 14, 2011

snow day

snow day 008
snow day 012 snow day 007

The snow is amazing! Its coated the northeast side of all the trees and many pine branches have broken off. Its piled high along roads and paths. And the sledding looks perfect.

Skippy loves to chase a sled down the big hill. I was very proud of him today, because even while he was having such fun, he watched me for directions. He chased one child, who thought it was fun. Then another who got scared. I waved for Skippy to come and he ran right over to me for his leash! Good Skippy! I like working on hand signals so I don't need to yell. Skippy always gets a good treat for being good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The day after the storm has left something for everyone to enjoy. Glad to hear that Skippy is behaving.

Soilman said...

How marvellous to see so many birds of prey. That close-up pic of the Cooper's Hawk is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Your hawk pictures are totally awesome!

Porties seem very atuned to their people, ready and willing to learn. I've always been impressed with their strong work ethic - mine have been more than eager, almost insistent, on learning to help and cooperate! What my breeder called "a stubborn trait," I like to call "independent thinking." Porties are very intelligent and your Skippy is no exception (besides being such a handsome boy!)!
- Daisy in AZ

McArtor said...

You must be so proud of your Skippy returning to you with a hand signal! Our dog loves to catch snow balls. Wish we had more snow, only got ice this week.

Matron said...

Black dogs are so much easier to see on snow, aren't they?

Max Boughner said...

That kind of scenery makes me love snow days! During those days, raking the snow off my roof doesn't feel a chore to me, since I get to dive through them when I'm done. When I do, I feel like like an action star leaping from high places. Other than that, my buddies and I also use the snow to build snow forts to chill in and have a beer.