This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Friday, July 23, 2010

drying garlic

garlic 017
garlic 004 garlic 009

Before leaving for vacation, I was short of time and threw my newly harvested garlic into a box in the basement. I found this nice video from Kitchen Gardeners about harvesting, curing and storing garlic. Hopefully my garlic will still dry OK after neglecting it last week.

Labels: ,


Blogger meemsnyc said...

I'm sure the garlic will be fine. Yum garlic!

July 23, 2010 2:17 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I can see some mistakes I have made.

July 26, 2010 1:12 AM

Blogger Nebula said...

Thanks for the info! It never occurred to me that I could grow my own garlic... I always am on the lookout for things I can grow which I'll actually use, that's where the real fun is for me with gardening. Thanks for the info!

September 29, 2010 1:25 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden