This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

pumpkin on the counter


I suppose this is an unusual photo for summer.

Its a pumpkin I grew in my garden last year. I've enjoyed having its nice bright orange color on my counter all winter and spring. Its a Jarrahdale, a blue/gray pumpkin that ripened to orange midwinter. A really good keeper. This pumpkin is finally getting spots and so today I'm putting it out to the compost bin. :( I have a couple of new Jarrahdale plants in my garden that are growing fast in the heat. I'm looking forward to more of these.



Blogger Kay said...

I would love to have a pumpkin around in the heat of summer- anything to remind me that cooler months are ahead!

June 29, 2010 11:30 AM

Anonymous Carys said...


June 29, 2010 1:39 PM

Blogger Stevie from said...

ah, too bad you didn't eat it but yes it is lovely.

June 30, 2010 2:15 AM

Blogger Toni said...

It is beautiful!

Wow... you got to enjoy it for a LONG time!

July 02, 2010 12:29 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden