This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

mom and dad's backyard

mom and dad's backyard

Here's another view of my parents' beautiful flowering lawn. Hard to beat.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

What kind of purple flowers are those in the lawn? Just breath taking!!

May 20, 2010 4:19 PM

 
Blogger Dan said...

Very majestic looking! Beautiful.

May 20, 2010 10:47 PM

 
OpenID dibear said...

Your folks have a wonderful yard. What are the purple vines on the left? Wisteria? And on the ground? Just lovely. :)

May 21, 2010 5:14 PM

 
Blogger Toni said...

Looks like a piece of heaven to me! Just beautiful!

Thanks for sharing such a pretty picture with us!

May 22, 2010 9:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden