This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010



My marigolds have started to bloom. This is Lemon Boy.



Blogger hip chick said...

i used to think that they were smelly and kind of ugly.
Now, I love their cheery simplicity and I know that their smell keeps pests away from my garden. And, they are so easy carefree to grow.
Plus they have that inch worm song which I love.

May 05, 2010 5:37 AM

Blogger Heidi said...


May 05, 2010 8:09 AM

OpenID fenugreeklove said...

oh my, already??? I am yet to start them :)

May 05, 2010 12:37 PM

Blogger J.C. said...

Beautiful marigold!

I am waiting for mine to look like yours. Just sowed some seeds two weeks ago and I have seen several seedlings pushing through the ground. Can't wait to see them bloom!!!

May 06, 2010 9:58 AM

Blogger Cantor Craziness said...

I tried to have marigolds but my dogs ate them. If you would like to see what is left you can go to my blog and it is labeled RIP Marigolds. My dogs love the garden unfortunately they love to eat the garden too!

May 06, 2010 12:00 PM

Anonymous Florcita said...

what a gorgeous photograph. In fact your whole blog is fantastically illustrated with beautiful pictures.

May 14, 2010 8:02 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden