This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

january full moon

full moon with phone camera

The January full moon. I only had my cell phone camera with me tonight. Its beautiful even at low resolution.

Check out Dan's blog for a high res photo viewed from 550 miles west of me (link).



Blogger Dan said...

Kathy, great minds think alike. I just posted a photo of the moon a few minutes ago and headed over here to see you posted the same thing! A beautiful moon tonight, almost like a harvest moon.

January 30, 2010 12:10 AM

Blogger The Mom said...

My kids actually asked if it was a harvest moon. It looked rather orange where we were. Very pretty.

January 30, 2010 7:29 AM

Blogger kathy said...

I've read its the wolf moon. But I haven't heard any howling around Belmont.

January 30, 2010 3:39 PM

Anonymous Rooster Shamblin said... would you please spend a few minutes and check out my blog. I am a farmer who has been raising over fifty breeds of chickens for forty years.

January 30, 2010 5:26 PM

Blogger kathy said...

Great site Rooster. Someday I would like to raise my own chickens. When I have a bit more space and time.

January 30, 2010 6:20 PM

Anonymous Marian(LondonUK) said...

Lovely Kathy, what a good picture with your mobile phone. It is a beautiful night sky here in East London, not overcast for a change so the moon and stars are sparkling in a chilly winter night. Tomorrow's weather prospects are bright but cold, my digging boots and thermal leggings are ready to go! Lots to do.
Marian (LondonUK)

January 30, 2010 6:53 PM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The moon was absolutely gorgeous yesterday morning (Saturday). On my way into work at 6:30 a.m. it was so enormous it looked like it was sitting on the top of the hill. I wished I had a camera, it was just brilliant!

January 31, 2010 6:17 PM

Anonymous Term Paper said...

Once i did it with my Camera but the result was not good ! I'm going to work on it...I'll see if I can come up with something... This is really fun.

February 25, 2010 1:07 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden