This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Deerfield MA from the top of Mount Pocumtuck

Deerfield from Pacumtuck 2

We've been visiting family over Christmas. We were in southern Mississippi last week and spent time today in western Massachusetts. The snowy terrain is beautiful.

A garden related note is the gift I was given today from my brother: several bags of seeds for sprouts! And an instruction book on growing them. I can't wait to start.


Blogger Dan said...

That is a nice view. The sprouts sound interesting, good luck with them.

December 31, 2009 12:05 AM

Blogger 18and58 said...

Kathy, thanks for the nice day. I'll be looking to see how the sprouting goes.

By the way, it is Mt. Pocumtuck. I told you it meant beaver, but that is wrong. Pocumtuck is the name of the Native American tribe that lived in this area, but they did have a legend that the mountain was a petrified beaver of legend - tp://


December 31, 2009 7:28 PM

Blogger kathy said...

Thanks for leading us up a great hike, Ben. And I corrected the name.

January 01, 2010 12:23 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden