This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas potatoes

This is a delicious recipe my mother-in-law made for Christmas dinner.

about 4 or 5 large potatoes potatoes, sliced or diced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2 Tbs melted butter
toasted onions rings

Mix everything except toasted onion rings. Put in a baking dish. Top with toasted onions rings (or use corn flakes and butter instead). Cook 350*F for 45 minutes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden