This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Monday, September 07, 2009

peeling a watermelon

peeling a yellow watermelon
peeled yellow watermelon watermelon and carrot martini

This is a watermelon from Piccadilly Farm, but I had to post the photos of Elaine peeling it. I've never seen a watermelon prepared this way. (And I've never seen an yellow watermelon!) Once peeled, you can just cut off slices from the top. Delicious!

As always, I tried a slice in a martini. Maybe the best martini yet! Cheers to Labor Day, the unofficial end of summer.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

You can also cut them in a manner that allows you to remove the seeds. I just recently learned this!

September 07, 2009 5:56 PM

 
Blogger kathy said...

How could you do that?

September 07, 2009 6:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden