thinking about next year already
As Skippy and I walked through the community gardens today, I was thinking about what I'll do with my garden next year. What a great place to do that - 120+ plots to look at. Lots of great ideas.
1. I LOVE this variety of marigolds. I will watch to find seeds for it.
2. I'd like to find a nice garden bench for my plot. A worn and comfortable one. Maybe Skippy could dig a spot underneath in the cool soil....
3. I'd like to build a shade structure. I could sit here and relax.... change my camera lens... watch the birds.... I like this one that is very rustic and natural. Vines could grow up it. The bench could go under it. I should start collecting materials.
4. I'd like to give my peppers and chiles more sun next year. I need to review what vegetables need more sun. My home garden continues to get more and more shady. And, I'd like to start a patch of asparagus. I notice many gardens have asparagus. It does well here.
5. I want to move my white climbing rose to my plot. Also my two espaliered pear trees. And, I keep admiring the Heavenly Blue morning glories. I'm sure I could collect some seeds from other plots. But I wonder if there are already too many growing here. Can one have too much of a fantastic flower?
6. To build a raised bed or not to build a .... I love the look of a raised bed. I'm considering this for next year, if I come across good materials. A simple surface structure. I like the way they avoid soil compaction and define the space.
7. Remove the weeds from the edges of my garden. The photo is sunchoke flowers, which are all around my plot. Beautiful, but at 10 feet tall, they're a very good sunblock. Next year I'd like a nice grassy path between my plot and the wild weeds.