Tuesday, August 12, 2008

aerial of my community plot

community plot aerial

This is as high up as I can reach with my camera to get an "aerial" photo. Its another dark wet day and so I did my best to enhance the lighting with PhotoShop.

How about those ugly tomato plants. Arrgh! Not many leaves left. Septoria leaf spot is way out of control this year.

I continue to dig potatoes from the open area at the right. Lots of them! I have a small area where I have dug all the potatoes and so I planted radish and carrots seeds here last week.

My other fall seedlings include lettuce, beets, arugula, spinach, and broccoli. You can see some of these behind the ugly tomatoes.

The area of green in the upper right is my bean patch. Lots of Provider green beans ripening now. Also growing here and Black Turtle Soup and Tongue of Fire beans that aren't ripe yet. These should dry on the vines, but I don't think anything is drying anywhere in my garden this year.

My cucumbers on the trellis in the foreground did not do much this year. I finally remembered that I dug this patch as an afterthought in an unprepared area of the garden. It had no lime and no fertilizer. Two weeks ago I hastily applied fertilizer and the cucumber vines that are left are perking up a bit.

2 comments:

Matriarchy said...

I love your aerial shots. I can only get part of my garden from the back window, and I have been flirting with the idea of going out on the roof. But that would probably end in disaster, so I will satisfy myself with other people's aerial shots.

kathy said...

Sounds like a good idea to stay off the roof!

These photos help me with planning. But this shot is not high enough yet.