This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

free tomato seeds

With my seed order, Sand Hill Preservation Center sent me a package of free tomato seeds. The variety is Tomango. Its a stuffing variety, which is almost like a bell pepper. I've never heard of this.

Tomango: late, Ind, 2 to 4 oz., not quite as hollow, stuffing type, red with yellow streaks.

Solanum lycopersicum

2 Comments:

Anonymous Patrick said...

I love getting free seeds!

I've never heard of Tomango either. There is a similar sounding local tomato variety called 'Paprika' (paprika is a common European/Germanic word meaning 'Bell Pepper'). I could see how it couldn't have the same name in the US, so maybe this is the Paprika tomato but renamed.

April 06, 2008 11:54 AM

 
Blogger kathy said...

I looking forward to trying it! Stuffed tomatoes are delicious.

April 06, 2008 5:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden